What does it mean???

A few years ago I decided it was time to get in shape and lose weight. I went out to find my motivation and I found it in a brand new pair of Nike running shoes. I was totally pumped. On the way home I was thinking things like, “I feel fit already! I’m totally going to be skinny because I have Nikes!”

As I sat at the stoplight on the way home with my new Nikes by my side, there was an overweight woman crossing the street on the other side of the intersection. The light turned green and the woman quickly started wiggling, running for the rest of the way. I thought, "MAN-I’m glad I don’t look like THAT when I run! Of course I don’t… I have my new Nikes!”

As I passed the woman on the street, the sun caught a shiny glint of her shoe. What was it? The Nike swoosh symbol. DANG!

It was then I came to the realization: Even FAT people have Nikes! It’s not the tools you get that make you lose weight and become who you want to be, it’s what you do with them that count. The only thing that sets us back is ourselves. Here is to making good choices and being your own motivation!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

2nd Weigh-In

Starting a weight loss journey the week of Thanksgiving is not for everyone, that's for sure! I was SO NERVOUS for the next weigh in!

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my Mother in law's house. There was so much yummy food! I made sure to get up early before we headed out and get a workout in. I haven't told everyone I know about my journey at this point, and it is a bit awkward to measure portions and log what you eat in front of everyone, SO I said it all looked so wonderful I had to take a picture of my plate to remember it! Haha! I pulled out my phone, and took a picture of my plate full of food. Then when not so many people were around, I pulled up the picture of food and logged it into my food journal. Oh boy I thought I was clever!

The day after Thanksgiving there was another family event to which we were taken out to dinner to an all you can eat buffet of all places. Again, kind of a nightmare to watch calories, but I made sure to load up on plenty of leafy greens, light on the dressing and actually kept within calories both Thanksgiving and the day after!

Of course that couldn't be the end of it. Holiday weeks are hard! The Saturday after was an extended family Christmas party (of course with dinner served) then we headed even farther out of town and stayed the rest of the weekend with some friends. The nice part about life long friends is they have known you your whole life! I was so much more comfortable just saying, "Hey- let me log your recipe in My Fitness Pal while you make it so I know what I'm eating."  Same friend went on a super walk with me that evening. She has a great walking trail right behind her house and of course lots and lots of hills! It really makes things go smoother and easier when you have someone close that supports you 100%. I am truly blessed for having the people in my life that I do.

Now of course on to the weigh in! How did I do???? Take a look....

Numbers you say? My second weigh in I weighed in at 288 pounds. That is a 14.6 loss my friends! Woot woot! All over a holiday! I have to admit I was/am a bit proud of myself for that one! Despite circumstances we still have our choices and ways to deal! Here's to hoping you all have some good weigh ins too! Any loss is a loss! Celebrate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment