What does it mean???

A few years ago I decided it was time to get in shape and lose weight. I went out to find my motivation and I found it in a brand new pair of Nike running shoes. I was totally pumped. On the way home I was thinking things like, “I feel fit already! I’m totally going to be skinny because I have Nikes!”

As I sat at the stoplight on the way home with my new Nikes by my side, there was an overweight woman crossing the street on the other side of the intersection. The light turned green and the woman quickly started wiggling, running for the rest of the way. I thought, "MAN-I’m glad I don’t look like THAT when I run! Of course I don’t… I have my new Nikes!”

As I passed the woman on the street, the sun caught a shiny glint of her shoe. What was it? The Nike swoosh symbol. DANG!

It was then I came to the realization: Even FAT people have Nikes! It’s not the tools you get that make you lose weight and become who you want to be, it’s what you do with them that count. The only thing that sets us back is ourselves. Here is to making good choices and being your own motivation!

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weigh In!

Just a quick post to follow up on this weekend's weigh in! It wasn't exactly where I wanted, but I will take it for sure! I had a night at work that I worked all night until about 5 in the morning, got an hour of sleep, then got up for the day. Those days... I don't eat so well. So last weigh in was 267, and this weekend I weighed in at 263.6! Woohoo! 39 lbs total! Here are a couple pics.


Hoping to get into the 250s this week! Wish me luck! We will be going camping on Thursday until Saturday morning, so I will probably do weigh in the following morning to be consistent with time, we will see how early we get back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment