What does it mean???

A few years ago I decided it was time to get in shape and lose weight. I went out to find my motivation and I found it in a brand new pair of Nike running shoes. I was totally pumped. On the way home I was thinking things like, “I feel fit already! I’m totally going to be skinny because I have Nikes!”

As I sat at the stoplight on the way home with my new Nikes by my side, there was an overweight woman crossing the street on the other side of the intersection. The light turned green and the woman quickly started wiggling, running for the rest of the way. I thought, "MAN-I’m glad I don’t look like THAT when I run! Of course I don’t… I have my new Nikes!”

As I passed the woman on the street, the sun caught a shiny glint of her shoe. What was it? The Nike swoosh symbol. DANG!

It was then I came to the realization: Even FAT people have Nikes! It’s not the tools you get that make you lose weight and become who you want to be, it’s what you do with them that count. The only thing that sets us back is ourselves. Here is to making good choices and being your own motivation!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Biking!

As promised- biking today! I was so excited and nervous about the ride and if I would be able to complete the feat or if it would be something I would have to ask for help and couldn't do, I didn't get much sleep last night!

My friend Stacey picked me up about 8 this morning and we set out to the route we had been informed was the 10 mile route for the event Spinderella. Spinderella is a bike event held in June and I wanted to see if I should sign up for the 10 or 22 mile.

It started out HARD! I was SLOW and my thighs BURNED SO BAD from the beginning. I was wondering what I was getting myself into if I barely got a block and I was feeling it already. Stacey told me to pull over and let me know my rear tire was low. I wasn't so sure if it was low or I was just a bit chubby and it made it look low :). We took our before picture-
We kept going, but I was starting to hurt pretty bad and was sure we had MAYBE only done about a mile. Girl got my back and said we should pull into a gas station that was on the way. Lucky us- Free Air. I filled my tire and GOODNESS- WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! I felt so light and easier! 

We stopped a couple time for water and the view was wonderful. Here is our middle picture-
This is right before what I felt would be the hardest part of our journey. I had been warned about some specific hills and thought the last half would be a lot harder because of the hills. Can I tell you how exhilarating and great it feels when you push through something hard? I think every time I do a work out, there is the point I want to quit. This point I don't think I have anything left in me and I am DONE. Then if I just keep pushing, you get a RUSH of endorphins and it becomes easier and better and such a satisfying feel good feel!

The second half of our ride was my favorite by far. Speed, rush and yes... the hills weren't even bad! One point I got to the top of the hill and yelled up at Stacey- I DID IT! There was an older gentleman jogging and I was informed he chuckled at my excitement. Things are so much better when you have someone else to help push you through, and encourage, and share in your joy of getting your chubby but up a hill on a bike. :)

Excited to do it again soon! Here is our finished pic- 5 and 5 make ten today! Yup! We both did the ten miles and it felt GREAT!
So my FitBit doesn't track steps when I'm riding a bike and I was so lifted I decided to go for a walk/jog too! I got in another five miles and finished my steps. Nailing it today! I'm still under on my calories, and doing good! I took a little nap this afternoon and woke up a little stiff! Cross your fingers I can MOVE the next couple days! Hurts so good!

Are you all doing positive things for you??


No comments:

Post a Comment